Thursday, January 7, 2010

A perfect moment

Have you ever had one of those perfect moments in life?

A moment that regardless of how much time passes, you'll never, ever forget?

A moment that is so right, when looking back, you almost cannot believe it really happened?

A moment that is so perfect, you couldn't have made it up?

On that last night of Olivia not sleeping well, when she woke up crying at 2am, I decided to give her a bottle. When I finished feeding her, like all moms, I sat there a few extra minutes rocking her even though she had already falling back to sleep. Like so many times before, I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead and whispered to her "I love you." At that exact moment, she half opened her eyes and the biggest smile came across her face. Not her usual dreaming baby grin, but her big ol' kool-aid smile. She then closed her eyes and went right back to sleep.

It was a perfect moment in my life.

When she's 70 with grandchildren of her own and I'm 97, I will still remember that moment. It's one that makes it all worth it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry butthead!you know I am a sap(unlike our other friend)

Kameron said...

That is so sweet. I live for moments like that. :o)

leah @maritalbless said...

Awww, that so made me cry!