Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Momma said there'll be days like this...

First off, it's FREEZING here. I don't do the cold. The day after Christmas, I'm ready for summer. Yes, a constant stream of 75 degree days would be ideal in Georgia, but I would seriously take a 95 degree day + the humidity, any day over a 20 degree day. I know you people from up North are probably laughing at me right now, but I don't care. There is a reason I was born in the South and remain here. I don't do the cold.

We had a bad night last night. Olivia went down at her usual 7:30pm. She awoke at 12:00am. I went in and changed her and put her back down. She laid there for almost an hour talking to herself which of course I had to listen to on the monitor. An hour later, she was back up at 2:00am. I got up, feed her, and put her back down. Two hours later, she was up again. I let her cry/talk it out over the next hour and then at 6:30am, she was back up. I swear this child is never going to sleep through the night. She will be five and still waking up in the middle of the night. I will not get a full night's rest again till she's moved out to go to college, but by then I'll probably be heading towards the "change" and waking up with hot flashes throughout the night. I'm convinced I will never sleep a full eight hours again till I'm dead.

I went to Wal-mart this morning to buy a cd player for Olivia's room (her other one broke already) and a snuggie (I wasn't kidding when I said it was freezing). I had to have a five minute conversation with a lady who was older than my parents about how cute this polyester little black dress was and how it was a great deal at only $13. I hate those conversations with strangers because the dress wasn't cute at all and that lady really shouldn't be wearing it. I didn't have the heart to tell her and she walked off with it in her cart. I felt bad.

Then to top it off, I paid for coffee creamer and three jars of baby food and walked off without them. I didn't realize it till I got home and I already had Olivia out of the car and in the house. I figured I would have to take the $5 loss. I wasn't about to drag Olivia back up there in this -30 degree weather. I'm still bummed about it.

On the bright side...

We are having our first book club meeting tonight and I'm really excited about it. I've been wanting to join a book club for a long time now. We read The Book Thief and I'm planning on posting a review, but haven't found the time yet. Nicole and I are also thinking about joining the book club at our local library, but we're kinda late for this month, so we will have to wait for next months.

I haven't mentioned much about the house lately, but as of early this week, we are good to go. We're set to close on the 15th (next week...eeeekkk!). We finally got everything (but the tile for the kitchen) picked out for the renovations. The appraisal came back on Monday and everything (including our renovations) passed. We've told the contractor we have to be out of our rental by the 1st of February and he's already got things ready to start the same day we close. He says everything but the kitchen counter tops will be done in a week. We're keeping our fingers crossed everything stays as smooth as it has so far. I'll post pictures of the inside when we close.

Have I mentioned its FREEZING here?



4 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

You are a woman after my own heart - I hate cold weather too. As soon as the holidays are over, i'm ready for some beautiful sunshine and warm days. I'm such a southern gal. (o:

And as a random side story - I was once in our local thrift shop looking for some ugly outfit to wear to a silly party I was attending where we were supposed to look tacky. I found this horrific brightly sequined sweater dress. I tried it on and this lady saw me and ranted and raved about how beautiful i looked in it and how she wishes she would have found it first! When saw me leaving she was still talking to me about that dress and how great it was. I wore it to the party, won the award for the tackiest dresed person and threw it away! Ridding the world and that poor woman of looking liek that in public! Haha.

(o:

Stay warm. Hopefully spring will come early.

Laura said...

I am so excited for y'all about moving into your house:) I mostly cannot wait to see pictures of the inside after y'all are done fixing it up:)

And it is pretty daggum cold this week! I was hoping for snow but I found out that I still have to come to work even if it snows so I now I would'nt be disappointed if it didnt!!

Kameron said...

She just hit 3 months right? Growth spurt probably!I just had 2 days like that with Arielle. It is not fun when they don't sleep.

Yay for your house! I can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa said...

I agree it is toooo cold here right now! And dont mess with the snuggie! I have 2 of them! One at home and one at work. My boss laughs at me everyday but I stay nice a warm! Oh and just call Walmart! They probably saved your bag you left and have it at customer service!