Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dinner & Dessert

Last night we headed over to dinner at our friends the Castellanos. Sheena is a chef and owns a catering business, so we always know we're going to eat good when we go over there. Needless to say we were not let down last night. She made a dish called $40 Chicken and it was AMAZING!!! I swear the sauce that covers the chicken had crack in it because the stuff was addicting. I thought David was going to lick the sauce out of the serving dish at one point. Poor thing, he never eats that good at home.

I did not get the recipe because I watched her make it and it seemed pretty in dept and too complicated for me. Eating at their house, is like eating at a gourmet restaurant for us. I told her last night please don't ever expect anything like that when they come down to our house. Luckily for me, she said she likes hamburger helper.

I did however borrow a recipe for Fudge Pie that Darby:Fly Through My Window posted a while back. Thankfully, it didn't disappoint. The Castellanos are like me, big chocolate fans, so it seemed to be a hit last night. It is super easy to make. Plus, in my book it is homemade, so for once I actually felt like I was baking, not just pouring something out of a box. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream on top and you will definitely get your chocolate fix.

No comments: