Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What we've been up to...

I cannot believe that it has been a week since my last post. I was going to have so much more time to blog now that I'm staying home...yeah, right. We have been busy this past week. Nothing very exciting going on, just busy. Here is a little of what we've been up to lately.

Last Thursday night I had a girls night with my BFF Aubry. It was the first time we had seen each other in two weeks. Since we started working together, it was the longest we have gone without seeing each other in over two years. Needless to say, we had a lot of catching up to do. We decided to do dinner and movie. I'm sure we are some of the last to see it since it has been out awhile, but we went to see UP. If your one of the few who have not seen it yet, it is a good one and lives up to it's hype. It is a cartoon, but it does have an adult message to it. Plus, it has a cute old man and a little fat kid in it. What's not to love?

The weekend was pretty uneventful. David was off Friday and Saturday. We spent Friday morning running errands and hitting up the local thrift stores. I got a floor lamp for Olivia's room for $4. It needs a new lamp shade, a new light socket, and a coat of spray paint, but I think it is going to fit the room nicely. We also went to our local random store Wilson's. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it always has random stuff. It's kinda like a not as nice Big Lots. The exciting buy we got for the day was a box of 100 Huggies diapers in newborn size for $14. We (ok, really I) were pretty excited. I even had to call my mom to tell her about it. So I think we are set in the newborn size diaper department. Hopefully those will last long enough till she hits the next size in diapers. Which (thankfully) my Aunt Jane from Richmond has already started us a collection in that size. Hopefully we won't have to worry about diapers for the first two weeks of her life.

Friday afternoon David headed to the golf course with a friend and his dad. He got into golf a few months ago and has been hooked ever since. He now plays on average of once a week. He has been into this new hobby for a few months now, which is a record for him. Normally, he does something once and never does it again. I guess he figured golf would be a good skill to learn for his job. Luckily, he's enjoying it and compared to other hobbies he gotten into, it's relatively cheap. While he headed to the golf course, Aubry and I headed to the pool. It has been HOT down here. Summer just officially started, but we were in the 90's well before that. We had the plan to lay out for a bit to get a little color, but it was so hot, we stayed in the pool the entire time. Everyone keeps saying to me "I'm so sorry your pregnant during the summer." Well, it is not something I dwell on. It is God's plan for when Olivia would arrive. Evidently, he figured I would be able to handle the hot summer. With that being said, you can find me two places this summer, the pool or at home in the AC. So don't feel sorry for me. I'm hanging in there just fine.

For father's day we didn't do much, we had dinner with my Dad on Saturday night and then we headed over to David's parents for dinner with his Dad on Sunday. I got my Dad the book The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I have heard good things about this book and thought my Dad might be interested in reading it. Evidently it must be pretty good, when I talked to him on Sunday, he had almost finished reading it already. He is going to pass it along to me to read. I'll let you know how it is.

Other than that, we've been doing a lot of stuff around the house. I guess I am going through my nesting stage at the moment. I have already (with David's help) rearranged two rooms and have started on Olivia's room. I cannot do any major changes since we are renting this house. Plus, we found out we will only be here less than a year, so we don't want to waste any money fixing up something that is not ours. Our living room is small. It seriously has three doors and four windows and is this [ ] big. After months of living here, I have finally came up with a furniture arrangement I'm happy with. Plus, we have room for the Christmas tree in December. I even finally hung pictures. Since we moved in during my first trimester, I was too sick and too tired to hang a thing on the walls or do any decorating. After months of complaining about our new place, it's finally starting to feel like a home. I've also started working on Olivia's room. Mainly cleaning it out and getting furniture ready to be painted. The only major furniture purchase left is her crib. Other than that all we need are accessories and paint. I'm hoping to have a majority of her room done by August. To all who have asked, I will post some pictures of the bedding withing the next few days.

So, that is what we've been up to lately. I'll try to do better about posting. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!

No comments: