Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's only Tuesday...

This week so far is dragging on for me...I know it's because I only have two weeks left but still. I'm not trying to wish time away, but I am ready for October.

These past two weeks have been busy. Unfortunately it's been filled with nothing exciting. Just the same old work and school. We have spent a lot of time with the family lately. A couple of Sundays ago we had a going away party for my cousin Adam. He left on September 12th for Navy boot camp. He is an awesome young man and I am very proud of him. He is definitely going to go far. Last Friday we went to KP and Abby's football game. Unfortunately Whitewater lost, but KP who is in the marching band and Abby who is in the flag core did a great job. At least I think they did...I honestly couldn't pick out which one's they were on the field. But anyways, we still had a great time. It made us both miss those Friday night football days.

David is still enjoying his new position tremendously, but of course it comes with a lot more hours put in at the waffle. He is right now spending his time in between Griffin and Thomaston. He's currently in love with this BBQ place in Thomaston. It's called the Piggy N' Park. It's his new favorite restaurant even though he's never ate there...go figure? He's strange.

Not that y'all have heard this line before, but I have my final in college algebra tomorrow. Yes, I've taken it about 20 times, but apparently you have to make a C in the class at Griffin tech. Apparently passing with a D is not good enough. I passed, shouldn't that be all that matters? So right now I have a 74.8%. Hopefully I can keep that after the final. Please pray for me cause David might seriously kill me if I fail again. My exciting news right now is that as of September 30, 2008, I will no longer be working for Clayton County. I have finally succeed in talking David into letting me quit my job. After a long year of crying and begging, we have finally reached an agreement and he is going to let me go to school full time without working. One condition being that if I fail even one class that I have to go back to work. Fortunately, this agreement doesn't start till October so college algebra doesn't count against me. So, it's official now....I'm a professional student!

I'm sure everyone has been keeping up with all the news on Hurricane Ike. We have several people close to us that have been affected by it. We have some close friends that live in Galveston. They did take the advice given and evacuated before Ike hit. They are currently in Austin waiting to go back, but obviously they have no clue what they are going back to if there is anything to go back to. So, please keep them and all that have been affected by Ike in your prayers.

No comments: