Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Fall!

Well, I've really been in the mood for fall lately. I know that it is officially fall as of Monday, but I really needed to do something Fallish. So, Aubry (my cousin & BFF) decided to hit up a few Fall Festivals this past weekend. We drove down to Barnesville, GA for the start of Buggy Days. Barnesville is a tee tiny town (though they do have a wendy's and a new Ingles now) that is the home to Gordon College, Aubry's school of choice pretty much for the past six years give or take. Boy did I teach her something she didn't know....Barnesville actually has people that live in it! The place was packed and I mean packed. This is the big event of the year for Barnesville. What is even bigger than buggy days...the buggy days parade! You honestly wouldn't believe it. I swear these people seemed like they were waiting for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade with Santa at the end. They were fighting for front row seats two hours before the thing even started. We didn't stay for the whole thing but we did get a kick out of it. I wish I would have taken some pictures of the madness but of course I didn't think about it till we got in the car to leave. Since we didn't get our fill of fall at buggy days, we decided to hit up the next big event in town. Inman's Tractor Days...yes, you heard me right and it was exactly what you think it is. Evidently people are really into buying old tractors and fixing them up and taking them to shows to show them off. Though it sound's pretty hickish, it was actually pretty neat and if you had a little or big boy, they would have loved it. We didn't stay long, but it's now something that we can mark off our list of things to do. And yes, they even had a parade!
After our fill of fall festivals, we went to Fayette County's Marching Band Exhibition to watch KP and Abby. They did a really good job. Much improvement from the Fridays before football game. Whitewater High School has an awesome band! So I guess all that finally put us in the Fall mood.
I only have four days left of work and let me tell you, nothing feels like it last as long as working out a notice. This week has seriously dragged on. Especially since I've can't work on EBay right now due to a disgruntled customer and this is the slow time of the year for the textbook department and so there is absolutely nothing to do. I've already read two books this week and its only Wednesday. Plus, hopefully I will have some good Waffle house news to share within the next week. It is all hearsay at the moment, so I don't want to jinx anything, but things are looking up for Dave at the Waffle.

1 comment: