Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's going on...

Well, it seems like this is the cool thing to do now. I'm sure I'm a little late on jumping onto the blogging bandwagon, but since everyone has driven me crazy for deleting my myspace page, then I guess this is a good way to help keep everyone up to date with what's going on with David & I.

So, here we go...

I guess to begin, there have been a lot of changes in our lives these past two months. The biggest being that we were offered and decided to move in with David's mom & dad. They have always been been very supportive of us and always trying to give us the upper hand in life. Possibly more than we deserve. But, last spring they offered for us to move in with them so we could save money to buy a house and pay off the little bit of debt that we have. At first, we thought they were completely crazy. Why would we want to move back in with our parents after being on our own for a few years now? But, in July the subject came up again. Once we all came to an agreement on living arrangements and we came to the realization that we spent just as much time over here than we did at our own house, we decided to go for it. To make a long story short, we ended up having to move out of our house in three days (not such a great idea) and moved in with the parents. There are a few things that we are trying to get used to, but overall we are pretty happy with the decision. The dogs have adjusted well and are being spoiled by the grandparents. Buddy and Biscuit I'm sure think this is the best idea we've had yet.

The other big news we've recently had is that David has finally been promoted to a district manager. Now instead of being in charge of one store, he is now in charge of three. The promotion is supposed to be temporaly due to a sick division manager. But, it looks as though all odds are in our favor and he is going to get to keep this district. So far he is really enjoying it. Especially since he gets to go to a different store everyday. Upper management is so far impressed with him. They gave him goals to reach for his first week and in true David style, he hit and surpassed each one. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this all works out. One of his stores is in a smaller town that we have always liked. It's about an hour away from here so it's still close to family, but it's got the small town feel that we are looking for. Our hope is that David can keep this district and we can buy a house down there towards the end of next year. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

In July, I started at Griffin Technical College. I originally wanted to go for Radiology Technology, but when I got there they informed me I wouldn't graduate till July 2011. To be completely honest, I'm not that into it. So since I am a professional student, what do you do then? You change majors! So I'm now working towards an associates in paralegal studies. I can hopefully graduate within the next year. I start taking my law classes in October and I am really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.

So, that's where we stand right now. I'm going to start posting pictures within the next week and I'll try to get a picture of our new 400sq. foot apartment. I'll try to make a few post a week to keep you up on everything. Until then...

No comments: