Thursday, October 2, 2008

TGIF

Yippee, Friday is finally here! We have both had a pretty rough week this week. For starters, I have been sick all week with some kind of sinus/cold something. I woke up Sunday with a sore throat that continued all day. But, unlike the last time, I was good and went to the doctor right away. I left work early on Monday and I even made an appointment. Very grown up of me I know. But anyways, the doc didn't say to much so I guess I was correct on my diagnosis of a sinus infection. He did give me a antibiotic and a prescription for nasenex. But even though I have been taking my meds just as prescribed, it is still taking a few days to get over it. It has now turned into some kind of cold thing and I can't quit hacking. Everybody I know seems to have whatever this is, so watch out it may be heading to your neck of the woods soon.
So, not only am I sick, classes for the fall quarter started this week. Yes, this is always a happy time of year for me, but Wednesday I had a heart attack at the griffin tech bookstore. Part of us moving in with the parents, was to get rid of our debt and that includes student loans, atleast not adding to what I already have. So we have decided to pay for my school out of our pocket. I have always heard that medical textbooks are expensive, but let me tell you that Law books beat the medical books. Atleast at Griffin tech, I looked at the other prices while standing in line. My grand total at the checkout was $420.00 for three, yes only 3, books! One book alone cost $150.00! I do not lie, I have the receipt to prove it. I know that you can buy the books cheaper online, blah, blah, blah. But of course, we had to have the one that is shrink wrapped and has the special code in it so you can log onto the website that your teacher has decided to put all your work on, so you have no choice but to buy it. And then of course the other was a brand spanking new book. It even has a 2009 copyright date, so there are none to be found on half.com. I swear it is a complete ripoff.
Dave has had a tough week with work. Please keep him in your prayers. A lot has been going on this week in his area and though he was not involed in any of the mess, it does affect him and his position right now. Nothing is still final in where he will end up and it looks like it might be awhile before he finds out anything for sure. Unfortunatley, it all seems to be a situation that people are being rewarded for bad behavior and those who do their job right are getting left with the mess. He has just been frustrated with the whole situation, so keep him in your prayers.
But, on a good note, we get to end our rough week together. We both have Friday and Saturday off together!!! I can't tell you how long it's been since we've had two whole days off together. We are still debating on what we are going to do with our two days. It's been so long we don't know what to do with ourselves. Have a great weekend!

No comments: