Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Updates

Last week was a bad week for me. I was sick the whole week. Morning, noon, and night. I have seriously tried all the little tips that people have given me or that I have read out of the pregnancy book or websites. So far, nothing has worked. The funniest part about pregnancy is that everyone wants to give advice (which I gladly take all) but the first thing you realize is that every pregnancy is different. It is just amazes me how every woman who goes through pregnancy is going through the same process, but every woman's pregnancy is different. So far this week has been pretty good for me...we're hoping that it continues. I haven't been sick and I've had more energy. According to the online pregnancy calculator, I'm starting on my 10th week, so hopefully this is a good sign of things getting better.

My first doctors appointment is this Thursday. I will post after to let you know how it goes and what the doctor tells me. So far, I'm excited about it. I'm sure once Thursday morning comes I'll be a little nervous. DW has arranged to take the morning off to go with me. A few weeks ago my fear was that when I went the doctor would inform me I wasn't pregnant and the test were wrong. My mom eased those fears for me when she informed she was sure that three positive pregnancy test couldn't be wrong (yes, I took three to be sure). Then my fear moved on to the doctor would tell me I was gaining too much weight. I haven't weighed myself since the beginning of the year and I was convinced that I had gained ten pounds since my clothes feel as though they no longer fit. I weighed myself this morning and I have actually lost five pounds since the beginning of January. So I guess I am out of stuff to worry about for the moment. Don't worry...I'm sure I'll walk away from the doctors appointment with a new worry.

No comments: