Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm one of those people...

So hate me if you must, but I'm one of those people....those who want to start celebrating Christmas the day after Halloween. I love the fact that the stores playing Christmas music already or the Christmas decor to be displayed in the stores. I love it and the longer, the better.

First, in my defense, I'm not much of a Halloween person. Never really have been. Anyways, Halloween isn't what it used to be like when I was a kid. No one trick or treats anymore. Everyone goes to the trunk or treats and I think it takes all the fun out of Halloween. Maybe if I had kids I would feel different, but I can't promise my feelings will change.

Anyways, it is not so much the actual Christmas day that I love as it is the Christmas season. I love the decorations, the music, the get togethers with family and friends, the movies and tv specials, and the fact in general, most everyone is in a better mood this time of year. I love the lights and the cozy nights that seem to come with the season. I love the nights spent driving around looking at Christmas lights. I love how everyone's home looks more like a home with the tree and decorations all around the house. Think about it, doesn't your house seem empty for about a week when you take it all down?

But, that's why I don't see what the problem is with starting to celebrate the season after Halloween. In my eyes, it means two months of the season instead of one. Don't think I am forgetting about Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, especially the food. Thanksgiving for me is like a trial run for the Christmas. I know that I am not the only one in this boat. One of my best friends has already put up her tree. She does it every year after Halloween. Plus, we both sent each other text when we heard Christmas music on the radio this past Friday night. I won't lie, I have debated putting up my tree next weekend...I will be out of town the weekend before and after Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving comes late this year....that's my argument atleast.

So, I say...Let the Christmas Season Begin!







2 comments:

Nicole said...

Well mark your calendar for December 13th. We're having our "Christmas with Friends" dinner party at 6. Yummy italian food, wine, and good friends! Plus it's right after my birthday so there may be cake!

Elizabeth said...

Well, I am right there with you!! I have alwats loved Christmas time...if I had my way, I would have my tree up year round. I love the lights, and just how everyone seems that much more happier!!