Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The State Fair & A New Beginning

This past weekend was an awesome one for us. For once, we got to spend it together! Well, technically our weekend was Friday and Saturday, but when your on our schedule, any two days off in a row constitute a weekend. On Friday, I still wasn't feeling so good, so we got up and went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Since the hubby works for WH, that's pretty much the only place we get to eat breakfast at. After ending the morning with a trip to Wal-mart so Dave could pick up the movie Iron Man, we proceeded to go home and spent the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing! We took two naps, watched movies & tv, and did absolutely nothing. It was wonderful! We need more days like that. I greatly recommend lazy days for everyone once in awhile.
Saturday, we continued our yearly Mabrey Family tradition of going to the State Fair in Perry. We love the state fair! We in all honestly we go just for the food. Fair food is the best. We had a combination of foot long corn dogs, apple dumplings, frozen pina colada's, and a brawtsworth. Where else can you go and get all those in one place? We also love the livestock. Our dream is to one day have a farm with cattle, goats, and horses. So for right now, we go every year to the state fair to get a look at our future. We think its fun. We had a great time and spent pretty much all day down there. I even got to hold a baby chick.



I'm in my second week of school and so far I am loving it! I think I've finally found something that holds my interest. I am loving my law classes. My classes are two and a 1/2 hours long each, but when in them, the time flys by. Honestly, I've had a hard time adjusting to the choice of moving in with Dave's parents. Even though I've been telling people I was fine with the whole thing. Not that we have any major problems with them, I love them dearly, but dealing with the feelings that Dave and I were moving backwards instead of forward in our life has been hard. But, now that school has started, I am so glad that we made the decision. There is no way I would have been able to keep up with the school work and work a job at the same time. So, this week has given me a new outlook and appreciation for what's going on in our lives at this time. It is easy to forget that God has a plan for us. I now feel like we really are making progress and moving forward in our lives.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awwh, Amber...I just love reading your blogs! :) Once Mike and I get married, I think I'm gonna start one. Glad to hear all is well with you and David! I miss yall so much!! Love that picture of you...it looks like your hair is short..did you cut it?? Anyways. Well, yall have a great weekend!! Give my hugs out! Love you!