Wednesday, June 3, 2009

24 week Checkup

I went for my 24 week checkup this morning and thankfully walked away with nothing but good news. I was scheduled to take my glucose test this morning and all I've heard from others is how bad the drink taste. I was nervous about it all morning. But I must say, it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I won't be asking for seconds, but I did get all 10oz. down in the the 3 minute time limit. It was just tasted like a very sweet fruit punch and I had a major sugar low about an hour 1/2 afterward. I could barely stay awake at lunch.

During my hour wait time the doctor came in to check me out. She measured my belly for the first time. For some reason I got a kick out of this. She said that I had only gained four pounds in the last month and she was happy with that. That puts me up to 20lbs. and she said that is right were I should be. Also, my blood pressure was great, so she seemed happy with how I was coming along. We also listened to Olivia's heartbeat which was going strong. She said everything looked great.

Overall a good visit. I go back for just a routine checkup next month. David was off so he went to the appointment with me and entertained me during the two hour visit. Afterwards we went to lunch and then headed over to his parents and swam for awhile. We're now spending the rest of our afternoon taking a much needed nap.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That is such good news!! Happy to hear everything is progressing beautifully:)

Tami W said...

Hey Baby! Glad everything went good today. Love you!

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear you and baby Olivia are doing good!! :) We love you!!

Nicole said...

She is going to be here in no time!