Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduation Weekend

This past Friday, one of my baby cousins, Kyndall, graduated from high school. Yes, it made me a little sad but I did good and did not get teary eyed till I got to hug her after the graduation. We are all very proud of her. She is an amazing girl! She has worked very hard the past four years and all her medals and tassels proved it. She graduated with honors and at the top of her class. She is one of those you know are going to go far in life. I love this girl so much. She is truly one of my favorite people in the world. Even though there are almost nine years between us, I always have a blast with her. She has the best personality and is always making us laugh. We're all sad that she will be leaving us this August to go away to school , but we know she is going to do great. Things just won't be the same without her around all the time.


I will say that her graduation was one of the coolest that I have ever been to. They had four fighter jets fly over the stadium at the end of the national anthem. The stands shook like crazy and the noise was loud. I'm pretty sure it woke Olivia up because she continued to move around throughout the graduation.


The heartwarming story of the night was there were triplets who were graduating and their Dad is currently serving in Iraq and of course was going to miss the graduation. A big local news channel in Atlanta heard the story and volunteered to come out and stream the ceremony live so it could be watched on the internet. So the Dad in Iraq got to watch the entire graduation live. They recognized him before the end of the ceremony and showed him on screens were we got to see him live from Iraq. He received a standing ovation from the entire crowd.

At the end of the graduation ceremony, when the graduates stood to throw their caps, they had a fifteen minute fireworks show. I told David I wanted to send Olivia there just so we could sit through another cool graduation. Over all, very cool!


Saturday evening my aunt and uncle held a graduation party for her. They all did a great job with the party. We walked away stuffed with hamburgers and hot dogs, and all the fixins. It was a great night catching up with others we hadn't seen since probably the last graduation.

By Sunday we were all dead tired from the long weekend. We got together one last time before my Aunt Janie and Uncle Ronnie headed back to the beach. This is how we spent our last night of graduation weekend....


Congratulations again KP!!! We're so proud of you!!!

No comments: