Monday, January 4, 2010

3 Months

While we were out of town, someone celebrated her 3 month birthday! We didn't have our usual big brown chair to snap our picture in, but Aunt Janie's big tan chair worked just as good. I debated on waiting till we got home to take her picture, but I wanted to have a picture of what she looked liked on the actual day. Which was a good idea since I swear the next day she looked bigger.

I must say that there is something about that 12 week mark. In any baby book you read, it seems like everything changes at the 12 week mark and I was honestly not too sure how much a difference there would be in her, but I have been surprised. When she hit that 12 weeks the week of Christmas, she turned into a completely different baby. I honestly don't know how to explain it, but she just seems more content now. Don't get me wrong, she still has her days, but overall she's turning into a pretty good baby.

What she's been up to...

*She accomplished rolling over! At 11 weeks and 6 days, she rolled over for the first time. I caught it on camera and posted it here. She's finally figured out what to do with her arms and she will stay content for about 7 minutes on her tummy before she starts fussing. She moves her legs like she's crawling, but she hasn't quite figured out yet to coordinate the arms and legs together. Hopefully this will come soon. She is one of those that is going to be a happier baby when she's on the move.

*She's still in 3-6 month clothes. Not sure on the weight, but I'm sure she's over the 13lb mark. She's getting heavier everyday.

*She is still only eating a 4oz. every three hours. Sometimes she will eat a 5oz. bottle, but most of the time she won't, which has resulted in a lot of thrown away formula. It's amazing she's still growing.

*She is starting to "play." She loves her new little cell phone her Aunt Janie got her for Christmas. She is at a point now where she'll stay for an hour or sometimes longer playing with her toys and she's starting to grab for the stuff she wants. I love getting on the floor and playing with her. She got a ton of new toys for Christmas that I cannot wait for her to start playing with within the next few months.

*She is still a daddy's girl, but she's starting to prefer me now (I'm not complaining). I know it's because I'm with her 24/7, but she usually wants me now if she's upset or tired. When I walk into the room, she always smiles, which makes my heart smile.

*She is drooling like crazy already and I'm pretty sure she is going to cut teeth within the next month or two. You can already feel them when you run your finger over her gums. She's gnawing on everything she can get her hands on, including her hands. Her hands are red from the constant gnawing.

*She's already trying to sit up. When in her car seat or bouncy seat, she'll lift herself up like she's sitting up. It's funny because it's usually accompanied with grunting noises.

5 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Isn't it so much fun to watch them grow and change and start doing new things?! Every morning I go in to see Tommy it's like something is new or different - or bigger!

She is precious!

Nicole said...

She looks so different then the last time I saw her!

I can't wait to spend the day with ya'll tomorrow!

Chelsi said...

Your little girl is adorable! I love her name too. Found you through A Daily Dose of Davis! I'll be sticking around! :)

Kameron said...

Wow, 3 months already! I think Arielle will be a beast by then. I think she looks a lot like your hubby!

Tristan said...

she's getting so big..WHY do they have to grow sooo fast?!