Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Night Blogging

Obviously, my life is exciting...I'm blogging on a Saturday night. Wooohoooo! What kind of loser blogs on a Saturday night? Well, David's at work (shocker there) and Olivia is down for the night (well, till at least 2am). So, I'm sitting here with nothing to do. It's alright though because it's nasty outside and I'm happy that I have no where to go. It finally warms up around here, but now it's pouring rain....go figure? I am sooooooo ready for the spring and warmer weather!

We went to pick out our new faucet for the kitchen tonight. I decided to wait till David got home to go pick it out, because of course, I value his opinion....hahaha. While I'm trying to weigh the options of do I want separate handles or one handle, do I want a built in sprayer, etc. he's too busy looking at bathroom faucets, which of course we don't need right now. And he wonders why I don't ask his opinion half the time.

Kameron, you hit it right on the head. I swear I'm starting to think we were separated at birth (by a few years). I'm a pretty blunt person. I don't have a problem telling you what I think. Especially if you ask. Just because I'm blunt about things, doesn't mean I'm a hater. I feel it's better to just be honest. There are some people in our circle who personally get on my nerves and I don't agree with some of their ways. So, I don't go out of my way to be friends with them. I'm cordial to them,but I'm not calling them to hang out on a Friday night. With that being said, I do take those who I know can't take my bluntness in consideration. I don't want to hurt people's feelings. If I don't think you can handle it, I keep my mouth shut. I don't want y'all to think I'm mean.

We are wanting to visit two different churches in town. Now that we've decided to stay around here a little while, we figured we need to find a home church. I though, keep backing out each Sunday. I finally admitted to David tonight that I keep backing out because I know Olivia will have to go to the nursery and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. She's only been watched by family or Nicole. I'm scared to send her to a room that she doesn't know anyone. I know she'll be fine, lets be honest, it's me that's not ready. Maybe in another month or two I'll be ready. I'm thinking that after we settle in the new house we'll attempt the church hunt.

So far I'm doing alright on the weight lose goal. I started in December before Christmas and then of course when Christmas came around, I slacked off a bit. I started at around 163 before Christmas and I'm down to 154.4lbs as of this morning. Right now, I don't have much of a chance to exercise on a regular basis. The treadmill is too close to Olivia's room, so when she's asleep, I can't workout. When we move, the treadmill will be on the opposite side of the house, so I'm going to start working out when she's asleep. I'm hoping that will help take off some more of the pounds a little faster. I want a beach bod for the summer.

Obviously, since we've bought a new house (or new to us), I've been dreaming up many projects for the house. We're moving from 1100sq. feet to 3700sq. feet and we have no furniture to fill it up. I found a blog called Knock Off Wood through another home decorating blog. I have fallen in love. I feel its only right to share this gem. It's a lady who is a self thought carpenter and she takes expensive pieces from say Pottery Barn and makes simple, look-alike plans that are super cheap to build. I seriously looked at this blog for two hours last night (I told y'all I have an exciting life). I have a huge list of projects I want to tackle from this blog. The hubby was even impressed with it and of course, because it's cheap. I'm adding carpentry to my goals this year to accomplish.

To my Granddaddy & Grandma, Thank you for calling to congratulate us last night. Of course, when you called, I was already in bed and the phone was turned off. What are you two doing up at 10pm? Sorry I didn't call you back, you know I'm horrible at returning phone calls. When we get settled, we'll have y'all down for dinner. I love y'all!

Now wasn't this post all over the place? Here's to an exciting weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started bringing Matalie to the nursery a couple of weeks ago and she is almost a year old. I just made sure i timed it right so by time we got through praise and worship she was taking her morning nap in my arms.

Kameron said...

There's nothing wrong with being blunt. I know I might be slightly abrasive to some, but I try not to offend. I guess I'd rather people say what they are thinking than talk behind my back, so I just say what comes to mind most of the time. The hubby still hates it, but he's stuck with me so oh well!

Wow, that is a lot of room to fill up in the new house! I would be thinking up projects too. It kind of stinks that you guys did so much work in OK's room not that long ago and have to do it again when you move!

Good luck with the exercise and weight loss. I am jumping back on the bandwagon on Monday when I go back to work. It is so hard when you are home with the baby, so great job so far!

Orlando Movers said...

soo cute...great work with your blog...

Truck Rental

Unknown said...

Great blog- really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked and i will check back regular.

ใบไหม้|เกษตรน่ารู้|ปุ๋ย

wedding dresses said...

Bridal market has concluded in New York and everyone wedding dress stores. There will be plenty of other fabulous new wedding apparel is excited to find out what the big trends will be for bridal fashion in 2012! cheap wedding dresses A key trend from the Spring 2012 collections discount costumes which were just debuted is wedding gowns with ornately embellished skirts. occasion dresses learn more about this gorgeous trend, and get inspired for your 2012 wedding! cosplay costumes There will be plenty of other fabulous new lolita dress Big skirts are definitely in for 2012! womens clothing stores Many of the most striking wedding gowns which were shown at New York bridal market featured skirts which were not only voluminous, discount wedding dresses but which also had very heavy embellishments.

Four said...

Thank you for sharing some of your experience and wisdom.
i like nice post
http://fourseasonnews.blogspot.com/
http://www.fourseasonnews.com/

Andy said...

cool i like