Monday, January 11, 2010

Top Five

Well, the countdown has begun in the Mabrey household. We're set and ready to close on the new house this Friday. All the renovations have been picked out and approved. New counter tops, ceramic tile, and new carpet have all been ordered and waiting to be installed. The moving truck has been reserved and fingers crossed, we'll move the last weekend of the month.

Over the last year, I haven't said much about our rental house because I'll just be honest....I hate it. I didn't mind things at first, but overtime, I've come to despise it. I'm about to go crazy in this house. Here are the top five reasons I gotta get out and soon...

#1. Take a close look and see if you notice what's missing...

Figured it out yet?

No dishwasher. Yeah, no dishwasher just sucks. "Oh, it won't be so bad" I said when we looked at the house. Well, stupid me. It sucks. Especially when it comes to washing a thousand bottles a day, you really start wishing for a dishwasher. Needless to say, we eat off of paper plates and use paper cups pretty much everyday. I will be happy to start eating off regular plates again.

#2. Just one bathroom...

Okay, one bathroom isn't so bad. Especially since it's only two adults living here. Right now, it's less to clean. But I do hate having to share a bath with my guest. I wish, more for their sake, they had their own bathroom to use.

#3. What's this? Extra storage space?

Wrong! That people would be my laundry room. Yep, it's outside. To be quite honest, it's pretty scary on the inside. I'm so scared by it, I refuse to show you the inside. When it pours rain (which it's done all this year), it leaks on the inside. Plus, it just sucks to have to go outside to get your laundry out when it's freezing outside.

#4. The road

We live off a major (and very busy) highway in our town. It's amazing that only two of David's employers have figured out where we live. Especially, since we live less than a quarter of a mile from one of his stores. For obvious reasons, I'll be happy to get off the main road and into a neighborhood. I plan on being outside with Olivia a lot and being hit by a car is not one thing I wanna worry about. And to play into my mom fears, I'm scared to death that a car is one day going to run off the road and into Olivia's room which is at the front of the house one night while she's sleeping. Dead serious, I pray every night that this does not happen.

#5. My closets

I believe these pictures say enough. This is all the storage space in our house at the moment. Now you see why getting organized is one of my goals for 2010.

Oh and the obvious, the house isn't really my style. The paint colors are pretty bland, the bathroom needs to be remodeled, and those brown kitchen cabinets just don't get me excited. We did break the rules and paint Olivia's room, but that's because everyone told me I would have been disappointed if I didn't decorate her room like I wanted. So, I'm excited to get into a house that is more our style and get to decorate it like I wanna.

6 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

No dishwasher?! You are more woman than me - I couldn't have handled that. My dishwasher is my sanity. (o;

I cannot wait to see things in the new house! Happy moving and getting settled in!

Jacqueline Jackson said...

You such a great women also a great mothers and wife to your hubby.. i wish your family will be happy ever after and may God bless you with your beloved family.. thanks for sharing your best moment and photo here,its so nice...^_^

wedding dresses said...

Bridal market has concluded in New York and everyone wedding dress stores. There will be plenty of other fabulous new wedding apparel is excited to find out what the big trends will be for bridal fashion in 2012! cheap wedding dresses A key trend from the Spring 2012 collections discount costumes which were just debuted is wedding gowns with ornately embellished skirts. occasion dresses learn more about this gorgeous trend, and get inspired for your 2012 wedding! cosplay costumes There will be plenty of other fabulous new lolita dress Big skirts are definitely in for 2012! womens clothing stores Many of the most striking wedding gowns which were shown at New York bridal market featured skirts which were not only voluminous, discount wedding dresses but which also had very heavy embellishments.

wedding dresses said...

Bridal market has concluded in New York and everyone wedding dress stores. There will be plenty of other fabulous new wedding apparel is excited to find out what the big trends will be for bridal fashion in 2012! cheap wedding dresses A key trend from the Spring 2012 collections discount costumes which were just debuted is wedding gowns with ornately embellished skirts. occasion dresses learn more about this gorgeous trend, and get inspired for your 2012 wedding! cosplay costumes There will be plenty of other fabulous new lolita dress Big skirts are definitely in for 2012! womens clothing stores Many of the most striking wedding gowns which were shown at New York bridal market featured skirts which were not only voluminous, discount wedding dresses but which also had very heavy embellishments.

DAYENU said...

bonita familia

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.