Friday, January 8, 2010

Southerners and the Snow

It snowed here over night.

Yeah, I don't see it either. In fact, I'm not even sure that can be called snow.

But don't worry, all the schools in the metro area are shut down for the day and the local news channels are having Winter 2010 Watch on 24/7.

This is one thing that bothers me about the South.

Don't get me wrong, if I was still working for the school system, I would also be wanting schools to be closed. Who doesn't want a day off?

But I do have a question...why are we using all of our snow days in January for days like this?

What are we going to do when it actually snows more than a 1/2 inch in March and you've already used all our snow days?

Looks like the kids will have to continue going to school longer into the summer now and then people will be complaining. Yes, we so easily forget about those snow days when the kids are still in school in June.

Now, I'm sure someone who happens to live here will read this and the first thing they'll say is "it's not the snow, it's the ice."


But seriously folks?

Okay Leah, you can laugh at us now.

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

HEHE. Ya'll got a problem with white grass down there? :)