Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mad

I am so mad with my husband at the moment. Monday night at 10pm we are laying in bed and he informs me...

Hubby: "oh yeah, I need you to go buy me a shower gift and a house warming gift by Thursday. We're having a thing for people at work and I need to bring a gift."

Me: "why are you just now telling me and who is it for?"

Hubby: "I forgot and it's for two different ladies at work. One is getting married again and the other moved into a new house."

Me: "Are they registered?"

Hubby: "No, they said your wife would know what to get them."

At that point I was irritated. He could have told me last week so I had enough time to actually go to a real store besides Wal-mart, which is the only thing we have down here. Plus, I am a practical gift giver. I don't like to waste money on buying things that people are never going to use. I am one who faithfully uses the baby or wedding registry when shopping for those kind of gifts. I had no clue who these people were. In fact, he didn't even know the name of the lady getting married. The other part of my frustration came that he told me on Monday and he knew I had a busy next two days ahead of me. So yesterday after work and before I head to class I go and take care of his gifts. I had them wrapped with the card on top ready to be signed and taken to work. After a argument on whether or not I should sign the card (I didn't see why I should have to), he goes on his merry little way with his gifts.

I became mad when I received this call...

Hubby: "hey, so-and-so forgot their gift. Can I give him the gift for the housewarming party and we can go get something else?"

At this point I lost it. I yelled so loud evidently so-and-so could hear me on the other end of the phone and decided to run to Wal-mart and just be late to the little party. I informed him that was his call and if he wanted to give his gift away do not expect me to go buy another. He was on his on. Of course, after that he decided to keep his gift.

Sometimes he just makes me so mad.

Thanks, I needed to vent.

No comments: