Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend update

When I don't go into the weekend with any plans...I end up in trouble. Why you ask? I end up shopping. It all started out well. After sitting in race traffic for the ride home from work, I made it home with enough time for a nap before we went to dinner with David's parents. They had been out of town all week so of course we had to catch up with each other. We took them to a little family owned Italian restaurant in Gtown and like always it was delicious.

Saturday is when it all went down hill...I got up and rushed over to Aubry's because we had to hit up the Kohl's sale. I have been on the hunt for a new comforter set for the guest room and luckily I found one. I also found some clothes I can grow into the next few months, a pair of sandals, and new sunglasses(I did break mine last week). Then we headed to target where I found several other maternity clothes on clearance. That's why I get in trouble...I go for one thing and end up with ten. I don't think David was too mad about the clothes because I have been complaining nothing fits. By the way,target has the cutest maternity clothes.
Saturday night we did what every person in Gtown does on a Saturday night...head to Walmart. Then we got a short visit from Aubs and Barry when they stopped by our house later that night. They had to attend a wedding and looked so cute all dressed up. They are the cutest couple!

Sunday I hung out at the house and then Aubs came down to hang out with me. David and Barry went fishing and Barry gave David a golf lesson. David has decided to take up golf now. We'll see how long it last. When the boys finally decided to come home, we grilled out and watched a movie. The sad realization I had this weekend was that I am too old to hang out after 10pm on a work night. I was dead all day today. I seriously had to take a two hour nap when I got home from work.

Overall the weekend was a nice one. The best part was the weather. It was in the 70's all weekend and beautiful. I wish it would stay like this but I know it is already supposed to get colder next week. In other news, I was a little stressed because we were to start negotiating a contract in my contracts class tonight. My group (without my say so) decided I would be the negotiator. I was kinda nervous because two of the other people in the opposing group are pretty vocal in class and I was afraid they would tear me to pieces. Overall, it went pretty well. I even impressed myself. I negotiated and got everything we wanted and the other group seemed pretty happy with what they got. Who says I can't negotiate and haggle?

No comments: