Monday, August 31, 2009

How I spent my Saturday

David decided to spend his Saturday off by playing golf. This is how I spent my Saturday...

I know I just did a book review, but my "me" time is ending soon and I had to share this book. I spent Saturday morning engrossed in The Fixer Upper. Aubry gave it to me for my birthday last weekend. Mary Kay Andrews is one of my absolute favorite authors. She is from Georgia (lives in Atlanta) and all her books are located in somewhere in our home state. I've read and own all she has written. My only complaint is she doesn't write books fast enough for me. I need more!!!

Her stories always focus on some heroine that triumphs over some obstacle in their lives. They are filled with characters that you come to love. No heavy reading, just chic lit that comes with a entertaining story line and a little bit of romance. No, these books will not change your life, but they will give you a few moments of enjoyment. If you've never read a Mary Kay Andrews book, pick one up and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

No comments: