Thursday, November 5, 2009

Absences makes the heart grow fonder...

Yesterday was a bad day. From the hours of 10am till 9pm, Olivia screamed her head off. The only time she slept and stopped crying was when we went to walk at the park and out to eat dinner. Torture.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. I took Olivia to her Nana's this morning before my appointment and somehow I convinced her Nana to take her for the day (okay it wasn't that hard to do). I headed back to the house and it was bliss. I took a long nap, packed for our trip, and completed some chores around the house. It's hard to start and finish anything right now without being interrupted. It was a much needed day.

When we went to pick her up tonight, she actually wanted me for a change. It was nice. Plus, she kept giving me her sweet baby smiles. When we got home I held her for a straight hour while she slept in my arms.

I think we both needed a break from each other. It's true that absences makes the heart grow fonder.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you got some peace :) It's such hard work. I hope I get somewhat ready for it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you