Friday, November 6, 2009

Let's Talk About Sex...

I knew that would get your attention. I figured I would give y'all a break from the colic baby talk. I want to apologize to my grandparents in case this makes them feel awkward (they read my blog). But I am married and do have a baby, so I guess they know I've done it at least once. Moving on....

So, I went back to have my incision checked out yesterday morning. Even though I'm only five weeks postpartum, while I was there, they decided to go ahead and do my six week check up since it is next week. Everything looked great and I was giving the all clear for resuming normal activities. He said to wait till next week after it has been officially six weeks and I could start exercising and start engaging in sexual activities with my hubby again.

When they were checking all my vitals, the nurse asked what I was doing for birth control...um...not having sex I told her. She laughed.

After waiting almost two hours for the doctor to come in (that's a whole separate issue...don't get me started), he came in and decided to go ahead with the six week check up. Twice again the question came up of what I was doing for birth control...I told him I was practicing abstinence and again they laughed. He went on to explain they had to make sure I wasn't pregnant again. I told him I am a 100% sure. I've had two abdominal surgeries in the last month and have a baby with colic, the last thing on my mind is sex. He said you would be surprised at the number of patients that come in for their six week checkup pregnant.

Seriously? WTF? Your kidding me? Maybe somethings wrong with me, but the last thing that has been on my mind this past six weeks is sex. In fact, I keep reminding myself that's what got me into this situation to begin with. The only thing that has been running through my mind is when do I feed the baby again. Plus, I still have that thing hanging off me that no one warns you about...the flabby stomach. Yeah, thanks for the warning ladies. Um, it's gross and it jiggles like jelly. I feel like Santa. Does it ever go away? I mean not only are you operating on only a few hours of sleep a night, but how do leaking breasts and weeks of nonstop vaginal bleeding put you in the mood? Is it just me? Kuddos to those women who are ready to jump back into the fun so soon after having a baby. I'm amazed by your ability to take care of a newborn and your husbands.

Oh and don't feel too bad for my husband, I won't make him wait that much longer. I just seriously don't want to be pregnant two years in a row and I'm sure he couldn't survive that either.

7 comments:

Kameron said...

You are not alone. Not only is my hubby not exactly getting any now (we tried and it just wasn't fun for me or easily maneuverable for him)but the last thing I want to do (especially after a vaginal birth) is to have sex!!! My guess is the women who come in at 6 weeks pregnant again have jerk husbands who get tired of waiting. :o)

Julie said...

Whoa, the more I read your posts, the more I think I wouldn't mind if my baby stayed in the oven forever :) Seriously though, I completely agree with you. I mean, hello? Do you know what just came out of me? Yeah, I feel REAL sexy.

Bonnie said...

My boss has 5 kids & they were all born about a year apart. She said everytime she came home from the hospital, she was pregnant again within a few months. When she had her fifth child, she said she didn't leave the hospital until her tubes were tied, ha! I just can't imagine. I have 2 more months left in my pregnancy & we haven't had sex in a while. It is just not comfortable & we are both so tired all the time. 2 big bellies = not great sex. LOL! I know I have a loving & understanding husband, thank God for that!

<3 Bon

Jen said...

Oh my gosh...I couldn't even THINK about sex after we had Addie. For one thing, we are both exhausted and on top of that, my body was less than flattering. I had a c-section as well and just so you know...the tummy flab does start to tighten up. Sadly though, I didn't feel my tummy was in any shape resembling sexy until Addie was 6 months old. Seriously. It takes time to shrink back up. But once you can start exercising, try to do some tummy exercises at night before you go to bed. I got a great post pregnancy exercise book that showed some easy moves to start shaping back up. I like to think that helped a little :-)

leah @maritalbless said...

HAH! Not alone. By a long shot based on conversations with friends. Your Dr. must have a slew of other interesting patients lol.

The first time I posted about it was the first time we did it pp. I think it was around 10 weeks. Don't feel bad.

Tristan said...

Um...no way would I be thinking of that..lol...wow.

Jennifer Owens said...

So I was checking out some of my followers today and found you.

This post was awesome - I love that you're bold enough to write about this! My son is almost 4 months old and sex is still a challenge - between exhaustion and how I just feel different.

And when we started having sex again I was terrified of getting pregnant again! I'm SO not ready to be pregnant two years in a row either!