Sunday, May 17, 2009

Anniversary Gift

This next Wednesday marks our three year wedding anniversary. Five years ago when we got engaged, we were twenty-two and broke college students. Needless to say my ring was small and non-flashy, but of course I loved it even though. The past few years though, I will admit that I have started to whine I wanted something different. Of course I wanted something bigger and flashier. So this weekend I finally got what I wanted.


And it's completely fake!!! It's not really an anniversary gift. It's really because my fingers are starting to not fit in my original wedding/engagement rings. My engagement ring started to not fit a few weeks ago. Now my wedding band is starting to feel a little tight. I know with the summer and humidity coming it is only going to get worse. So, this weekend when we went to the geranium festival, I bought it from a lady selling jewelry for $14.

I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like a unwed mother without my wedding ring on. The other night we went to the grocery store and I got upset because I left it. I was afraid people would just think David was my baby's daddy, not my husband. David just thought it was the hormones.

The funny thing is I haven't taken it off all weekend and I keep noticing myself looking down admiring it. Shiny bright objects distract me...even if their fake.

No comments: