Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's a Pirate!!!

I had my 20 week appointment this morning. Everything is looking good & they are saying we are so far looking to have a healthy baby girl. The doctor said that everything looks to be right on track. She is weighing in at 13 ounces, which is a nice way of saying 1 lb. But, the doctor claims that she is right where she should be measurement wise.

I have gained another three pounds which puts me up to 15lbs so far. It looks as though I'm gaining about a pound a week. I only have twenty more pounds I can gain before I hit my doctors limit. I never weighed this much before and I have to be a little honest it is still a little scary when you see the numbers on the scale. But, I have realized that the healthiest thing for Olivia is to put on the weight (within limits). So I've come to terms with it...almost.

The twenty week ultrasound did confirm that we are having a baby girl. So that was good news. We didn't tell the ultrasound tech what the last ultrasound told us because we wanted to see what her observations were. Fortunately it was the same prediction as the last, so no running to the store to return anything. The ultrasound also confirmed that our baby girl is a pirate. I know some might think we're mean for saying this, but when we first saw the ultrasound pics, that was seriously our first thought. Awful, I know.

They are not the clearest pics and since she is getting bigger they are getting a little harder to decipher. I am going to see if I can scan them at work tomorrow. I still have not been able to find the cord to our scanner. I hopefully will be able to post them later.

No comments: