Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slacker? Party of One.

I had planned to post blogs the rest of last week, but it week ended up being a long week. I am glad it is finally over. That also means only three weeks left till vacation and three weeks left of work.

I received a call Wednesday night at 10:45pm. When anyone calls you at that time a night, it's never good news. It ended up being a late night. Fortunately, no one was sick or being rushed to the hospital. I don't want to give too much personal info out about friends lives. All I am going to say is that breakups suck and I am tired of hearing the old excuse "its not you, its me."
Please people, it should be against the law to use this line in a breakup. At least have enough respect for the person to give them a good reason. Anyways, it has honestly been a little draining for me. It has resulted in a few late nights on the phone or out for margaritas and ice cream. No, I didn't have a margarita (I just paid for it) and yes, we did go eat brownies and ice cream after. Hopefully, things will be better soon.

After the past few days, the husband looked at me the other night and said "I'm glad I don't have to worry about that kinda stuff anymore. I much rather deal with marriage problems than dating problems." Of course, I completely agreed and it made my heart smile to hear my husband say that. It made me feel like he'll keep me around a little while longer.

I only have three weeks left of work and it is killing me. It is so funny that a couple of months ago, I was crying because I thought it would be so hard to leave. But the past few weeks I have started to be completely over it. I seriously thought of telling them I was leaving last Friday, but I decided to be nice and work the rest of my notice. I am just ready to be done with it. I have a lot of little projects I wanna get done before Olivia comes. Only three weeks and I will be free (for a little while at least).

It has made me wonder...when I leave work to stay home, I will have three months before Olivia is here. Does that mean I can classify myself as a stay-at-home mom or a homemaker? What do I say if someone asks?

No comments: