Friday, May 8, 2009

Race Day


Tomorrow morning I will be getting up with the sun and participating in the Susan G. Komen race for the cure at Atlantic Station. I will be joining a few others, which include Aubry and her cousin Kristen (the urban weenies). We will all be walking in honor of Kristen's mom Trina who suddenly passed away from breast cancer this past summer.

Don't freak out! It's only walking and it's short (only a 5K walk). Don't worry, I am not planning on running any marathons anytime soon. I have been trying to walk a few times a week and can successfully walk 3 miles on the treadmill. I am just praying I can keep up with everyone else.

If anyone around here is interested in walking, online registration is closed but you can still sign up on race day. The registration fee is $30 and it all goes to help support breast cancer research. Here is the link for more information.

No comments: