Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I've been kicked to the curb

Ok technically, I haven't been kicked to the curb, but I have been kicked to the couch which is in the living room, which is the closet room to the curb in the front of our house. You get the point.

The past couple of weeks I've started having trouble sleeping. It's hard to get comfortable anymore. I usually lay on my side, but unless I lay in the exact right position, it feels like my tummy's weight is too much and it hurts. When I wake up in the morning, I seriously feel like I've been run over by a train. It feels like I've been participating in a strenuous workout rather than sleeping. It just sucks.

I have noticed that I can sleep more comfortably on the couch. Saturday night I decided that I was going to sleep on the couch. I made it through the night, but I won't lie, for some reason I was a little scared. The dogs stayed with me through the night, but I was still a little scared to be sleeping without the hubby next to me. When I woke up Sunday morning, I did feel more rested and like I had finally gotten a good nights sleep. Plus, I only got up once to use the bathroom. But when Sunday night rolled around, I wanted to go back to the bed with the hubby even though I knew I wouldn't sleep well.

After a restless night of sleep and once again waking up feeling like I had been ran over, I got my morning phone call from the hubby. He informed me he had to sleep on the couch. Evidently, I was snoring!!! He said he didn't know what to do because it was the first time he has ever heard me snore. He wasn't sure if he should wake me up or just move to the couch. He went with the later. The funny part was I told him a couple of weeks ago I thought I was snoring and he kept swearing it was all in my head. Regardless of his denial, I knew I had started snoring because I woke myself up a couple of times. Funny, I know.

I apologized for keeping him up with my snoring and told him I would move to the couch since I sleep better on it anyways. So, now I'm on the couch the next few weeks or at least until Olivia gets here.

My little shadow has been sticking by my side every night.
And I know what your thinking...OMG is she crazy? She has white couches? Yes, I have white couches and a black dog. Before you freak, it's not that bad. They are slipped covered and easy to take care of. About every other month (or when they are looking rough) I throw them in the wash with a little bleach and they come out new looking. Plus, we don't allow our dogs on the furniture, so that helps. Now I just need to keep the hubby off the furniture and they will never have to be washed.

3 comments:

Kameron said...

I had the same problem with my last pregnancy and my friend suggested this pillow. (see link below) She bought it for me and this time I have been using it for 3 weeks already and it helps sooo much! I know you only have a few weeks left to go, but I'm telling you it is totally worth it to get it!

http://www.onestopbaby.com/pregnancypillows3.html

Lyryn said...

I hate the last few weeks! It does suck. The women who say that they just LOVE pregnancy boggle my mind. I just don’t get it!! What is so great about getting fat, not being about to be comfortable and all the freaking hot flashes!!! Not fun! Sorry, I totally feel ya. Just wait… soon, you’ll be able to sleep on your stomach again!!! ;)

Bonnie said...

Your doggies are so cute! Its good to see another family with 2 doggies & they are having a baby. Do you think your dogs will be jealous? I think one of mine might, but they will all love each other! Take it easy girl :)
<3 Bon