Friday, December 25, 2009

A Merry Christmas from the Mabreys!!!

I can't believe there are only a few hours of Christmas left. For some reason this year, it wasn't feeling like Christmas to me. To be honest, even today it didn't feel like Christmas. I'm more excited about Christmas next year. Olivia will be old enough to enjoy Christmas and it's already been decided we're having Christmas at our house.

Our Christmas celebrations started Wednesday night. We went over to David's parents to have Christmas with just our family. We had a yummy dinner of crab legs and shrimp. Needless to say, I stuffed myself. Crab legs and shrimp are one of our favorite dinners. After dinner we opened gifts and of course got spoiled. Vicki and Wayne love doing a big Christmas. Even though we're all in our mid to late twenties, we still get a huge Christmas. I got a GPS and was very excited since I was convinced I was one of the few people on Earth who didn't have one already. They were all laughing at me because I was so excited over new bathroom towels (we need some desperately). You know your getting old when you get excited over towels. David got golf lessons because he needed another excuse to go play golf all the time. Olivia's big gift was a excersaucser. It's the cutest thing and I can't wait till she can use it. We all also got a ton of other stuff. They spoil us, but I'm not complaining, it's nice to be spoiled by someone else every so often. Thanks Nana & Grandpa! Y'all are too good to us!

This is one of the only pictures I got of her that night. Olivia's is rolling over like crazy now, but when she gets over, the situation results in crying. She hasn't quite figured out yet what to do when she gets over.

I'm hoping we figure it out soon. The crying gets old.

Christmas Eve everyone (my family & David's) came down to our house for our traditional Spaghetti and meatball dinner. My meme started this tradition years before I was born and it is always one of my favorite traditions at Christmas. Over the years, others have joined us and when we got married David's family started to join us. This year our little house was packed (thankfully it was nice to know this is the only year we have to squeeze in everybody), but we all had a good time. I didn't get one picture throughout the night, but it's hard to take pictures when your hosting and cooking. We always get together two days before to make the meatballs and sauce. I love spending time with these ladies. They always make me smile.

Please ignore the fact I had on no make-up and was looking rough. It was the day of my last emotional breakdown.

David headed out early Christmas morning. I barely woke up to say good-bye (sorry, honey). Olivia and I headed out to spend Christmas morning with my family. We always have breakfast together on Christmas morning. I usually never eat breakfast (real healthy I know), but I love a big breakfast. I was trying to be a photographer like all the other bloggers and take the fancy photos. I think I got a few good ones.




That is the extent of my picture taking for the rest of the Christmas day. I will say it...I suck at taking photos. I keep forgetting. I realized today though it's because I'm taking care of a baby. It's hard to keep up with a three month old and take photos. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. One of my goals for 2010 is learn how to use my camera. Nicole's only had hers for a week and she's got me beat.

After breakfast, we exchanged gifts. Olivia is a very loved little girl. She hit the jackpot today. She got a ton of new toys that she'll be playing with very soon. I can't wait till she can start playing with everything.




This is the now famous Meme...she got a digital camera and learned to text all within the last 24 hours. She's such a high tech grandma now.

This afternoon I headed over to David's family's Christmas. I did not take a single picture over there, but Olivia racked up there too. We didn't stay too long because David called and asked if we could come see him during his down time. We headed to the Waffle House to hang out with him for a while. It was the only chance Olivia had to see him today. She must had missed him these past two days because she was all smiles when she saw him. She would just look at him and smile. It melts my heart. Christmas does make for one tired baby.

She was ready for bed at 7:30pm. I'm hoping maybe she'll sleep through the night...fingers crossed. I'm now cuddled up on the couch with my new cozy throw, watching It's a Wonderful Life (it's my favorite), and waiting for the hubby to make it home. He's on hour 16 now. I'm sure he's going to be either half dead or on a high when he gets home.

Olivia and I are heading up to Virginia on Sunday to visit family. So tomorrow is going to be filled with doing laundry and packing. I'm not sure our SUV is big enough to hold a weeks worth of packing for a three month-old. Wish us luck.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Okay Amber---I've installed your new design. Look it over and let me know if you have any questions/concerns about anything. Remember that your new signature will only appear on NEW posts.

You've been a pleasure to work with! Just so you are aware, we offer a 20% off discount to returning customer's and would love to design for you again in the future!

Here are the instructions for resizing your pictures:

Your new post area width is 610px wide, which means that is the widest width you can size your pictures. To post larger pictures:

1. Open your photo in a photo-editing program like photoshop, HP Image Zone, etc. Size the width to 610px wide or smaller. Height doesn't matter. If you go wider than 610px wide the picture will get cut off and will not fit in your new post area. Once it's resized, save it.
2. Upload the picture to a photo-hosting site like www.photobucket.com. When it is uploaded, the picture will have several codes generated for it. Copy the "Direct Link" code.
3. Log into blogger and create a new post. Click on the icon to add a picture to the post. Once that box opens, paste the "direct link" code for the picture you want to upload in the URL box. If you want to add several images at a time, click the "add another image" link that you see above the URL box up to five times. Then the past the direct link for each of the pictures you want uploaded into each of the URL boxes. Then click "upload image" and your picture will now be resized and you can finish your post.
You will need to do that for every picture you want to post enlarged.

Hope you had a great Christmas! Enjoy your new blog!

Erin
www.designerblogs.com