She officially turned two months this past Monday and nine weeks this past Wednesday, but much to my mother's dismay, I wanted to wait till after her two month checkup to post.
After a not so pleasant experience at her original pediatricians a couple of weeks ago, I decided to find a new one. Nicole recommended her pediatrician and I was much happier with this one. It makes such a difference. To you soon-to-be first time moms...your going to be spending a lot of time at your pediatricians the next 18 years, find a pediatrician that your happy with and that you trust. I've learned it's okay to go through a couple till you find one you like. Luckily, I think for us the second time is a charm and I'm so far loving her new pediatrician.
I'm happy to report that OK is doing great and developing well. I'm always hearing remarks about how long she is and today that statement was proven. She's measuring in at 24 & 3/4 inches long. She is in the 99.7% for height at her age. The nurses were hilarious when they looked at my shorty self (I'm 5'3) and asked "is her daddy tall?" Yes, her daddy is 6'1, two of her grandpa's are 6'2, and David's brother is around 6'4. So I'm hoping she keeps the tall and skinny thing going. Surprisingly, she only weighs 12 lbs. 7oz. The fattest part of her body is her cheeks, which of course, I'm constantly squeezing.
I know y'all have already seen this picture, but it's too cute to not re-post.
- She's smiling & cooing all the time. Every morning when I go to get her out of her crib, she's got a big ol' smile on her face. Seeing her smile melts my heart every time. I could never get tired of seeing her smile.
- We think she's finally past the colic stage. She's been a little irritable the past week or so, but we learned it was due to a type of medicine the original pediatrician prescribed for her cold (no, I'm not bitter about it).
- She mostly wears 3-6months clothes. They are always too big in the waist, but fit her long legs.
- She usually goes to bed around 9:30 0r 10pm and sleeps till 4:30 0r 5am and then sleeps to 8:30 or 9am. So, usually I'm only getting up once a night now.
- She's what the pediatrician calls a "snacker." During the day she only eats about a ounce or two every two and half hours, but usually sucks down her bottles at night. The pediatrician isn't too concerned right now since she is growing like she should and thinks she'll grow out of it in the next month or two.
- She loves playing on her playmat and the toys on her bouncy seat.
- She still loves riding in the car. She is a great traveler and that I'm so thankful for since we're always on the go.
- She can hold her head up great already. Unless she's being fed, she hates being held like a baby. She only likes to be held looking out. She's very alert and always wanting to know what's going on.
- Her favorite person is still her daddy. If he doesn't pick her up within five minutes of being home, she goes ballistic. It's adorable how wrapped around her finger he is.
I'm sure you all don't care for a monthly up-to-date on my child, but I promised a few family members I would follow this trend. If you made it this far in the post, you deserve a pat on the back!