Wednesday, July 1, 2009

28 weeks

Because I need more junk mail in my inbox, I signed up for a pregnancy newsletter from WedMD months ago when I found out I was pregnant. This is the email I received this week.

Congratulations Amber! You're 28 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby
measures about 10 inches from crown to rump, or a total length of
about 15.75 inches from head to toe, and weighs about 2.4 pounds. He
is able to dream when sleeping and his eyelids open and close. His
lungs are almost fully developed, so there's a good chance that baby
would survive if born prematurely. Your uterus extends well above your
navel. As baby gets bigger and stronger this month, you may experience
leg cramps and mild swelling of ankles and feet, difficulty sleeping,
shortness of breath, lower abdominal aches, clumsiness or scattered
Braxton Hicks contractions (hardening and relaxing of the uterus).
These contractions are normal but if they start showing a pattern,
call your health care provider. You may also be urinating more
frequently as the uterus continues to push on your bladder.

I swear to you, I woke up on the first day of my 28th week and BAM! All these wonderful things started coming true.

leg cramps-yes

swelling of ankles (aka: cankles)-yep, but only in my left foot

difficultly sleeping-double yes

shortness of breath-getting off the couch now seems like I've run a mile

clumsiness-yes, but I was clumsy before I got pregnant

Braxton Hicks Contractions-Um...I'm not sure

frequent urinating-sure, if you consider every ten minutes frequent


So I am now out of the blissful second trimester and into the third. It's hard to believe that I already in my third trimester. It's even harder to believe that Olivia Kate could be here in 12 weeks or less. I'm not trying to rush her, but I cannot wait for her to get here.

Cankle Evidence:

Notice there is no left inner ankle anymore.
Yes, I have had them propped up.
Please excuse the mess on my desk. I have been crafting.

Because I was having a rough night (emotional breakdown over cankles)
The hubby attempted to make me a frappe and he even personalized it for me.
He's the best.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is hilarious! Well, maybe not right now, but it will be when you look back at this!

Can't wait to finish off Olivia Kate's room!!

Elizabeth said...

LOL. David kills me with the whole frappe! :) I can't wait to see Olivia!!!!!