Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Review

I could tell you that we had a exciting weekend, but I would be lying. My Saturday was BORING. I had spent almost pretty much three days straight in the house and was about to go crazy. I sent David a text and told him to hurry up and come home from work so that I could have something to do. When he got off, we rode thirty minutes to a nearby town to walk around an outdoor shopping center. Basically, we hung out at the bookstore. That is one of the cool things we do. I did get a surprise though later that night when my Aunt & Cousin Aubry called to say they were in my town and wanted to stop by to see Olivia Kate's room. I love those two and always have fun with them. They made my night!

I did have one exciting part of the weekend. On Sunday we went to celebrate my Aunt Sylvia's birthday. Like most cities, Atlanta has several restaurants that are must-eat-at's when your here in Atlanta. One of those, is Mary Mac's Tea Room. I know where it is, what it is, what they serve, etc. but I have never been there in my 26 years of living in the area. Luckily for me, that is where my Aunt Syl decided to go eat for her birthday. All I can say was that it was delicious!!!! It greatly lived up to all the talk I've heard over the years. If your in Atlanta...it is a must! David (fortunately) had to work, so it gives us a reason to go back soon. In case your wondering, they serve southern food and it's one of those places you don't go to if your on a diet.

My Aunt Sylvia & Uncle George

In other news, I have given up on sleeping. I have come to terms that my body is officially started to condition me for when Olivia comes. I usually don't go to bed till after 12am and 4:30am is my magic wake up time. Sometimes I can go back to sleep a little later, but most mornings now (like today) I'm up and ready to go. There is good news though. Several people have asked if she keeps me up at night kicking and so far the answer is no. I have been told by a few people that is a good sign because that means she doesn't have her days and nights mixed up. The funny thing is that usually she starts kicking around 4 or 5am, so that is why I'm convinced she is already trying to get me on her schedule. Last night while we were sitting around watching tv, she did get the hiccups and she had them for a good twenty minutes. I don't know why, but it was cracking me up. Only 9 weeks and she will be here!!!!

We do have an exciting week this week. David is off today and tomorrow. We're planning on going to see Harry Potter sometime this afternoon. We are cheap now and only go to the matinees. Plus, I have a baby shower this weekend!!! The most exciting thing is that there are many people that I haven't seen in years that are coming. I am so excited to get to see everyone and of course get baby stuff. I'm in love with all baby things right now. Plus, my mom and sisters from Tennessee and Kentucky are coming down. I'm excited to spend the weekend with them!!! Usually it is hard for all of us to get together, so this will be a rare weekend.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

RI Kids Consignment Sale said...

Sounds like the mellow weekend you should be having!! I have been trying to cram too much stuff into each weekend and my pregnant self is exhausted come Monday!

I have the hospital list for ya. Email me with your email address (your comment came up as a no-reply blogger) and I'll get it to ya!

Kameron said...

I realized I was signed inwith my business blog, but it will go to the same email either way!!

~Kameron